HELP! I don't feel like reading!
Does anyone else ever have these moments? I love reading, but just now and again I get bored and feel like taking a break. Then I look at my overflowing TBR shelves and think "but I really should keep going".
Here are some of the strategies I've used to help me get my momentum back. They all work (sometimes):
- Reorganise my TBR shelves. In the process I often spot some great books that I'd forgotten about.
- Join a readathon. This was a HAVE to read!
- Simply browse my shelves (including those I've already read) for something I fancy.
- Try a totally different style of book from the one I've just read.
- Go somewhere interesting to read, e.g. a nature spot, a different room, the library
- Buy a new book- somehow they're always most interesting
- Eat chocolate at the same time (who says chocolate doesn't work magic)
- Do something else for a little bit- I find listening to music or writing particularly therapeutic
- Chat to other readers online- sometimes their enthusiasm can be catching!