Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Weekly Geeks

Monday 21 March 2011

Weekly Geeks

Found this meme today for the first time, and it looks just up my street- especially since this week's is about books.

Hosted by Weekly Geeks

Tell us ten things about you with regard to books and reading. Let your imagination run wild!
  1. I rarely read non-fiction, but when I do they're usually about Ancient History
  2. I can't resist offers of new (to me anyway) book- whether they be free or on special offer. As a result I now have almost 2 bookshelves and a stack of books that are about to fall over waiting to be read.
  3. My favourite book when I was young was 'The Magic Faraway Tree' by Enid Blyton.
  4. My favourite book-related activity is wild releasing books with bookcrossing. For those who don't know, this means leaving books around the place for others to find. The voyages of these books can then be tracked from the bookcrossing website.
  5. I enjoy making magnetic bookmarks on my computer and have sold them in the past to raise funds for my church's charities
  6. My favourite author is Jasper Fforde- I think his books are very funny. I also enjoy reading books by Ursula le Guinn and Christian Le Jacq.
  7. I shelve my 'to be read' books by the time period in which they are set.
  8. I plan to join in with my first 24-hour readathon very soon
  9. I can't read in the car- it makes me travel sick!
  10. When I go away on holiday about half my suitcase is usually taken up with books.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...