I'm always up for getting a free book (who isn't), but there are a few things that really put me off entering giveaways:
- Reading all the information about a book, falling in love with it, and then discovering that its US only. Please, please, please, let us know what countries can enter as early in the post as possible- it saves a lot of frustration!
- Having to be a follower to enter. I'm never sure whether subscribing through google reader counts or not. By all means have it as a optional entry, but please not as a requirement.
- Having to buy a book first. If I want to buy the book I will, I don't need a bribe to do it.
- If you never post about winners, or you've not sent me a prize in the past that I've won. How do I know you're legit?
- When winners are announced only on your blog. I try to keep up with all my google reader posts, but I'm always afraid I might get to the announcement too late
I'm not saying your should, necessarily, change the way you do your giveaways but please understand if I don't enter them.