Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Faithful Friends

Saturday 26 February 2011

Faithful Friends

Hosted by Should Be Reading

Do you attend church? Why, or why not?

Yes,  I attend church most Sunday mornings. I go to church mostly for the community. Its lovely to meet friends and worship God together. It can also be good to hear what the minister or preacher has to say-, especially if it makes you think about a bible passage in a new way. 
There are some people who believe you have to go to church every Sunday. I don't believe that, but I do find it a useful time for me. When church becomes a ritual then it has no meaning any more (after all, you can meet God anywhere).  If I don't feel it the right mood for church some weeks I'll stay at home and do my own private bible study, or simply just pray and then get on with my day. There are very few weeks where I end going when I'm not feeling prayerful of worshipful (these are times when I'm on some sort of duty). And sometimes meeting friends, singing a song or the message of a sermon can be realy useful.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...