Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: BookCrossing

Friday 5 February 2010

BookCrossing



See the books I've set free at:


From BookCrossing.com:
BookCrossing is earth-friendly, and gives you a way to share your books, clear your shelves, and conserve precious resources at the same time. Through our own unique method of recycling reads, BookCrossers give life to books. BookCrossing books are not stagnant dust collectors, but living entities travelling the world as true BookCrossing emissaries. Our books find new readers and introduce them to the wonders of BookCrossing.
Grab a book, any book.
Register it with www.bookcrossing.com and jot its unique BookCrossing ID (BCID) down in the book, along with the website url Get nifty labels here or here. If it's already a BookCrossing book, you can skip this step.)
Read your book and then use the BCID to make a journal entry on it. You’ll find a place to do that here on the home page or through the link on the left side bar
Release the book out into the wild and wait for it to write home to you. (You can also give the book to a friend, send it on a book ring etc-- just be sure to make a release note on it when you send it off into the world.)
 I found BookCrossing last May when I came across a free book stall that Molyneux was running at a summer fete. I thought that it sounded like a brilliant idea- to release books for other people to find. I also thought that it could be a way for me to begin emptying my bookshelves a bit.

Since then (for me) its become more about sharing my love of reading with others. I hope that people will find the books I release and enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy reading those which stay on my shelves. Maybe someone will find a book that means something special to them or have fun reading for the first time. Maybe it will just relieve the boredom of someone journeying without a book of their own.

Its also become a way of allowing me to read more widely through bookrings, allowing me to try books for only the price of postage to the next person. It started posting on the forums and recently bought wings to help support of the project. I've also discovered the joy of release challenges (releasing as many books as possible which fit certain criteria or in a certain type of place).

I hope that after reading this post you too will discover how much fun BookCrossing can be. If you do join, please put abigailann down as your referring member.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...