The first update of how I'm getting on with my New Year Wishes
My 4 blogging 'wishes' 2/4:
- To look ahead in my reading to the next month's theme so that I always have something to post - I've had so many books to read for rays or reviews this month that I haven't really done this in January. However, I already have a lot of Febbruary posts scheduled, so I shouldn't make any difference.
- To schedule posts in advance so that I have no more than 1 day a week where I miss posting.- I managed this right up until last week. Then I found I didn't have much more to say about new things. Hopefully my already scheduled February posts will put me back up track on this one.
- To update my reading challenge progress at least every 2 months. - See yesterday.
- To remember to add a picture and question to my posts. I'm told this a good way of helping you, my readers, to enjoy them just a little bit more. I think I've done this for most posts this month.
My 3 reading 'wishes' 2/3 on the way:
- Never to feel forced to read a certain book, or keep reading until the end of it. - Despite having lots of books I had to read, I've not felt forced to read any of them.
- To complete at least 1 reading challenge (set by myself or others). -I've progressed on one out of 4 of my reading challenge aims (biblical challenge)
- To read some more 'Ursula Le Guin' and 'Jasper Fforde' books- I seem to have neglected these recently.- No progress.
My 5 fitness 'wishes' 1/4:
- To go to the gym 2 or 3 times each week- Most weeks
- To keep a track of when I go to the gym, and my weight loss- I've kept a track of weight loss, but not visits to the gym.
- To weigh myself once a week- Done this one.
- To keep a range of healthy snacks in the house, and get rid of the chocolate- Chocolate isn't quite gone (but at least I haven't scoffed it all). I have a range of healthy snacks at the ready.
- To go walking at least one day in the Easter holidays, and twice in the summer holidays- N/A
My 4 writing 'wishes' 0/4:
- To attend my first writing course- it's still booked
- To write a least a paragraph each month- forgot about this one
- To write an original character into a story- not yet
- To post at least one short story on my writing blog- not yet
My 4 music 'wishes' 2/4:
- To do some more conducting- a few training band warmups this month
- To perform a horn solo- not yet
- To perform a singing solo- not yet
- To learn to play the cornet- still practising. I can sort of hit an octave from C now.
Ongoing total: 7/19
Not bad, I think!
How are you doing on your New Year Resoolutions?