Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: New Year Wishes

Wednesday 2 January 2013

New Year Wishes








Last year I decided not to make any New Year Resolutions, short of a few reading challenges. 

This year I've decided that it might be a good idea to make a few New Year Wishes, that I can see if I've completed at the end of the year. 

Why not resolutions? Because resolutions suggest that I have to keep them, and that doing so is meant to be hard work. Wishes sounds less challenging, less like goal setting, and more celebratory should I achieve them. Plus, whilst I need to try my best that doesn't have to be hard.

So here are my 4 blogging 'wishes':

  1. To look ahead in my reading to the next month's theme so that I always have something to post.
  2. To schedule posts in advance so that I have no more than 1 day a week where I miss posting.
  3. To update my reading challenge progress at least every 2 months.
  4. To remember to add a picture and question to my posts. I'm told this a good way of helping you, my readers, to enjoy them just a little bit more.

My 3 reading 'wishes':
  1. Never to feel forced to read a certain book, or keep reading until the end of it. 
  2. To complete at least 1 reading challenge (set by myself or others).
  3. To read some more 'Ursual Le Guin' and 'Jasper Fforde' books- I seem to have neglected these recently.

My 5 fitness 'wishes':
  1. To go to the gym 2 or 3 times each week.
  2. To keep a track of when I go to the gym, and my weight loss.
  3. To weigh myself once a week.
  4. To keep a range of healthy snacks in the house, and get rid of the chocolate.
  5. To go walking at least one day in the Easter holidays, and twice in the summer holidays. 

My 4 writing 'wishes':
  1. To attend my first writing course. 
  2. To write a least a paragraph each month.
  3. To write an original character into a story.
  4. To post at least one short story on my writing blog.

My 4 music 'wishes':
  1. To do some more conducting.
  2. To perform a horn solo.
  3. To perform a singing solo.
  4. To learn to play the cornet.


 Wow, I didn't realise how much I wanted to achieve. Wish me luck.

What are your New Year Wishes?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...