Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami (A Review)

Monday 17 October 2011

Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami (A Review)

To be honest I'm still not sure what to make of this book. I read it fast and yet still remember it, which is surely a good sign. I found it hard to put down and definatly was intrigued enough to read more. And yet, I'm not sure I can actually say that I enjoyed it. I think the reason for this is probably just how different it is from what I'm used to. Details that would usually make a book adult in content were presented matter-of-factly, as were the parts dealing with souls.  I felt as if I was given a small glimpse into a different view of the world which I was never truly helped to understand. Maybe if I read more Japanese books in the future then this one will get easier to understand?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...