Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Narnia Reading Challenge: The Magician's Nephew

Thursday 15 July 2010

Narnia Reading Challenge: The Magician's Nephew

I've finally managed to get through all the BookCrossing rings and rays on my TBR pile and can start on The Chronicles of Narnia! Yipee!!!!!!!!

I'm reading the books using a complete Chronicles of Narnia and taken in the order they are presented in that edition- The Magician's Nephew; The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe; The Horse and His Boy; Prince Caspian; The Voyage of the Dawn Treader; The Silver Chair; and The Last Battle. Out of these it is The Magician's Nephew; The Horse and His Boy; and The Last Battle which I am least familiar with.

My intention, as I said in my introduction, is mainly to familiarise myself with those books that I remember least. This means that I aim to read at least the 3 stories mentioned above. In addition, I would like to re-read the other stories and compare them to the movie and TV versions which I have in my possession.

Anyway, on to The Magician's Nephew. I know very little about this story at the moment. The little I do know is from a study guide to biblical references in the chronicles. From what I remember there is a boy called Diggory and his uncle (although I may be confusing this with another story from the chronicles). I also believe that it concerns the early days of Narnia. It will be interesting to see how the story begins.

Anyway, look out for comments as I read along (hopefully), or at least a review when I finish. For now I must start reading
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...