Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (A Review)

Friday 16 July 2010

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (A Review)

I felt much more connected with this book than I did reading 'The Magician's Nephew'. I don't know if that's because the story is so much more familiar to me, or if there's something different about the characters or the writing style. I did love, however, when the reader was being addressed directly, it made it feel as if the story was written just for you. Maybe the reason for this was because, as it says in the dedication, it was written for C.S. Lewis' goddaughter, Lucy. The only thing that disappointed me was how quickly the story started. I felt that it could have done with more background setting, like in the adaptations I've seen. But maybe this is just a sign of the changing times.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...