Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: My recent book activity

Saturday 31 July 2010

My recent book activity

This past week or so has been one of those times when everything comes at once. Whilst I've had a chance to do some reading inbetween 'real world' and work, there's been no real times to post on my blogs and websites. And I've decided that, since this is unlikely to change any time soon, it would be best if I stopped doing reading challanges for the time being. So, I guess that means the end for my detailed Narnia posts this year.

On the plus side, I intend to keep making offline reviews of the books I read and post loads at once whenever I get the chance. I should also be able to keep track of what I buy and release in a similar way. So, look out for temporary post overloads, coming soon! Also, those of you who like to request books, should know that I'll probably be offering more of the books I read for sending out, as well as wild releasing at a slower rate. So, UK readers, request away (and I may even offer the ocassional EU/ international book as well)

For now, back to what I've been reading since my last post.
Well, I've continued to read The Chronicles of Narnia and have moved on from Prince Caspian to The Voyage of The Dawn Treader. The theology in this story got me slightly confused, especially where it seemed as if several of the characters could have represented God / Jesus / The Holy Spirit. I've decided that I definately need to start reading some books about the theology in the Narnia stories rather than just trying to work it out for myself.

Whilst The Chronicles of Narnia is a very good read, the version I've been using was far too heavy to carry out with me on a daily basis. So, I've also started reading 'Bombs on Aunt Dainty' by Judith Kerr- a book which was send to me as part of a BookCrossing ring. Its the sequel to 'When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit' and I'm also on the ring list to read the next book in the series. More about that when I've finished reading.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...