Who knew it would take me over an hour to write this post!?
Welcome to the first ever 'Summer Special' taking place across various blogs run by Abigail Ann (aka neeuqfonafamai).
So, what is 'Summer Special'?
Basically, its a change to our regular schedule where you can hang out during your summer holidays. Or, if they're already over, then you can use the opportunity to imagine them back again and begin planning for next year. Every day in August, I'll be leaving you some ideas of things that are good to do in hot weather. They'll also be giveaways, blog features, author interview(s), recipes for you to try, and a chance for you to join in during our 'summer sharers'. That's in addition to all my usual book reviews and memes. And, at the end of each post, will be an 'over to you'- something to spark discussion in the comments, or to post about on your own blog (if you want to).
Let me now tell you some more about the types of posts you may come across during this month:
- The Week Ahead. At the start of each week in August, I'll be putting up a post saying what's happening that week. This will be an updated post and will include the 'It's Monday: What Are You Reading?' meme.
- Suggested Activity. These are posts talking about activities that myself or my blog readers like to do. They contain ideas of things that could be good to do in warm weather.
- Places to Visit. These are brief posts telling you about various places that could be good to go and visit. These are specific places that you might want to see if you live nearby, or to go to on holiday in the future.
- Blog Feature. Telling you all about some of the blogs that our readers run.
- Giveaway. Your chance to grab a prize. Thanks to the generousity of our readers most of these are international! Plus, I'll be adding a surprise giveaway if the followers of 'The Story Factory Reading Zone' hit 100 followers during this event!
- Author Interview. Your chance to find out more about an author that may be new to you.
- Blogger Interview. Your chance to learn more about a fellow blogger.
- Summer Sharer. Essentially a series of one-off memes, these posts are your opportunity to join in by sharing your photos, summer exploits, or writing. Let us know what you're up to this summer on your own blog, or via the comments.
- Recipe Resort. I'll be sharing some recipes that I've found to be good for the summer.
Enough of the posts, where do I find them?
They'll be spread across my blogs. But don't worry, they won't be hard to find as each day I'll leave a note for you of where you can find the next post. Plus, there's a list below of what will be happening when and where, which I'll leave (and update as necessary) on the new 'Summer Special' page of each of my blogs.
Just to make sure you don't miss anything, here's a list of the blogs participating:
- The Story Factory Reading Zone
- Music Helps The World Go Round
- Living in A Time Warp
- Crafy Creations
- Blog For The Thought
- The Story Factory Writing Zone
These are the posts that I've already got planned for the 'Summer Special' event. Also, look out for all my usual posts, as well as the possible additional giveaway or interview.
WEEK ONE- Welcome To The Summer!
Day One- Launch Post (all blogs)
The Week Ahead (all blogs)
Suggested Activity 1 (Music Helps The World Go Round)
Day Two- Suggested Activity 2 (Living in A Time Warp)
Day Three- Suggested Activity 3 (Craft Creations)
Recipe Resort: Peach Sorbet (Blog For The Thought)
Day Four- Places To Visit 1 (Blog For The Thought)
Suggested Activity 4 (Blog For The Thought)
Day Five- Suggested Activity 5 (The Story Factory Writing Zone)
Day Six- Suggested Activity 6 (Craft Creations)
Summer Sharer: Wanderer's Tales (Living in A Time Warp)
Day Seven- Blog Feature: My Book-Crazy Life (The Story Factory Reading Zone)
WEEK TWO- Giveaways Galore!
Day Eight- The Week Ahead (all blogs)
Suggested Activity 7 (The Story Factory Reading Zone)
Summer Sharer: Recipe Resort (Cradt Creation)
Day Nine- Suggested Activity 8 (Music Helps The World Go Round)
Day Ten- Places To Visit 2 (Living in A Time Warp)
Day Eleven- Suggested Activity 9 (Blog For The Thought)
Day Twelve- Suggested Activity 10 (The Story Factory Writing Zone)
Giveaway 1: Bloody Jack (The Story Factory Reading Zone)
Blog Feature: Ann's Reading Corner (The Story Factory Reading Zone)
Day Thirteen-Suggested Activity 11 (The Story Factory Reading Zone)
Giveaway 2: Assorted Signed Bookmarks (The Story Factory Writing Zone)
Day Fourteen-Giveaway 3: The Hairdresser of Harare (The Story Factory Reading Zone)
WEEK THREE- Sharing the Summer
Day Fifteen- The Week Ahead (all blogs)
Suggested Activity 12 (Music Helps The World Go Round)
Day Sixteen- Places To Visit 3 (Living in A Time Warp)
Day Seventeen- Suggested Activity 13 (Crafty Creations)
Summer Sharer: Crafty Capers (Crafty Creations)
Day Eighteen-Suggested Activity 14 (Blog For The Thought)
Recipe Resort: Beetroot Cake (Living In A Time Warp)
Day Nineteen-Suggested Activity 15 (The Story Factory Reading Zone)
Day Twenty- Suggested Activity 16 (Living In A Time Warp)
Summer Sharer: Holiday Snaps (The Story Factory Writing Zone)
Day Twenty-One- Giveaway 6: Magnetic Bookmarks (Crafty Creations)
WEEK FOUR- Writing and Reading the World
Day Twenty-Two- The Week Ahead (all blogs)
Places To Visit 4 (Living In A Time Warp)
Day Twenty-Three- Suggested Activity 17 (Crafty Creations)
Day Twenty-Four- Suggested Activity 18 (The Story Factory Reading Zone)
Summer Sharer: A World of Writing (The Story Factory Writing Zone)
Day Twenty-Five- Author Interview: Karen Tyrrell (The Story Factory Writing Zone)
Day Twenty-Six- Places To Visit 5 (Living in A Time Warp)
Recipe Resort: Bread-maker's Bread (Music Helps The World Go Round)
Day Twenty-Seven- Suggested Activity 19 (Music Helps The World Go Round)
Day Twenty-Eight- Blogger Interview: Hilde (The Story Factory Reading Zone)
WEEK FIVE- Reaching the End
Day Twenty-Nine- The Week Ahead (all blogs)
Giveaway 7: Murder in the Dark (The Story Factory Reading Zone)
Day Thirty- Places To Visit 6 (Living in A Time Warp)
Day Thirty-One- Wrapping Up The Summer (all blogs)
I hope you'll be able to join us for some summer fun this month!
If you want to be certain not to miss anything, please consider following one (or all) of the blogs
Over to you: What are your plans for August?