Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Stream of Suggestions: To Say Nothing Of The Dog

Thursday 3 June 2010

Stream of Suggestions: To Say Nothing Of The Dog

Those of you who have been keeping an eye on my reading challenges page will have noticed that I recently signed up to 'The Stream of Suggestions Reading Challenge'
This challenge is to follow a trail of authors from one book to another mentioned one to the next.

My first book for this challenge will be 'To Say Nothing Of The Dog by Connie Willis'.
I've chosen this book because it includes a multitiude of references to other books. This will give me plenty of scope to back-track should I hit a dead-end.
Here are the books mentioned, presuming they're all real of course (from which I can choose any of their authors to read next in the challenge):
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome
  • The Taming of the Shrew
  • Howard's End by E.M. Forster
  • Oliver Twist
  • The Lady of Shalott
  • The French Revolution by Carlyle
  • The Admirable Chrichton
  • The Importance of Being Ernest
  • Through The Looking Glass
  • The Wind in The Willows by Kenneth Grahame
  • Commentaries by Blackstone
  • The Industrial Revolution by Tonybee
  • The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
  • Strong Poison
  • An Old-Fashioned Girl
  • Have His Carcase
  • A Study in Scarlett by Arthur Conan Doyle
  • Descent of Man by Darwin
  • The Decline and Fall
  • The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
  • The Fountain Pen Mystery
  • The Seasons by James Thomson
  • Murder in Three Acts by Agatha Christie
  • The Sittaford Mystery
  • The Masqued Murder
I'm thinking, at the moment, that I shall probably read either Three Men in A Boat or Alice in Wonderland as the next book in this challenge, although I may try one of the murder mysteries (to link with The No Ruts Reading Challenge should I find one of the authors hidden in my extensive unread collection)

Further reading for this challenge will be posted on my current reading challenges page, and I'll also post a summary of links under the 'Stream if Suggestions' label.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...