Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Writing Britain

Thursday 6 September 2012

Writing Britain


Last weekend I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to visit the 'Wastelands to Wonderlands' exhibition at the British Library.

After entering the library building and buying your tickets (I was lucky enough to get hold of 2 complimentary ones), you enter the exhibition space. This is seperated off well from the entrance hall and contains a video introduction which really sets the scene.

Down some steps (a lift is available) the rest of the space contains a wonderland of books, letters, manuscripts and authors on video seperated in different landscape themes. Highlights include medieval writings, writer's drafts and a large interactive map of book-related places.

My favourite part was an audio describing an author's journey around the M25, a really interesting journey through which he obviously discovered an awful lot. This was accompanied by his photographs. I was also lovely to find out the literary connections for various places that I knew.

The exhibition is on until the 25th of September- I thoroughly recommend anyone with an interest in books (or geography) to visit!

For more info check out www.bl.uk/writingbritain




To celebrate this temporary exhibition I'm making this 'Settings September' across all my blogs. Keep a look out for more special posts. 
If you'd be interested in writing a guest post for this then leave a comment with your blog address and a contact so I can get in touch. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...