Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Empire: Wounds of Honour by Anthony Riches (A Review)

Sunday 19 June 2011

Empire: Wounds of Honour by Anthony Riches (A Review)

When it takes me a long time to read a book it either means that the book is fantastic and I'm re-reading passages because I'm so intrigued or interested, or that I'm finding the book hard-going or boring. Unfortunatly this one was the latter.
Not that it didn't have its plus points. I skimmed through the battle scenes, which were graphic and often engrossing. The main character was intriguing and the relationships between characters were complex and interesting.
The problem was that it just wasn't really my cup-of-tea. Whilst I was looking for an accurate historical novel with a human story to tell, the focus of this book was on the battle scenes. These were sometimes rather too graphic for my taste. There was also swearing which I felt was unnecessary in places. I won't be bothering with the sequel.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...