Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: An Instance of the Fingerpost by Iain Pears (A Review)

Sunday 24 July 2011

An Instance of the Fingerpost by Iain Pears (A Review)

What first attracted me to this book was the promise of four different alternative versions of the same story. I was not disappointed! As each tale progressed more was learnt about the mystery, as a detective story unravelled before my eyes. As well as being a great detective story (that's from someone who usually avoids the genre), the historical setting and the fact that my own town was mentioned increased my interest. There was also an element of theology. It was well written and, despite being quite a long book (692 pages) it kept me wanting to read more for the majority of its text.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...